Good girls finally getting attention

Herald Sun posted a great article giving much needed attention to the good girls of Hollywood. You know, the ones that don't stumble out of clubs and wear panties.

"I'm clean and I don't do any drugs or alcohol," Bynes, who stars alongside John Travolta, Christopher Walken and Michelle Pfeiffer in the new Hollywood remake of the Broadway musical, Hairspray, she said in Los Angeles recently,

"I feel like it's a choice I make."

"I don't need it."

Over the next few months the world will see Bynes and other respectable and marketable young actresses headline major motion pictures.

The actresses will likely become role models for a generation of tweens who once looked up to Hilton, Lohan, Spears and Richie.

Bynes is the most outspoken of the new, squeaky clean Hollywood starlets.

Playing the nerdy Penny Pingleton in Hairspray, which opens in Australian cinemas September 13, Bynes said with early morning start times on film sets, actors have to be disciplined.

"I'm not that complicated," Bynes said.

"I like to perform, I like to have fun, I like to have a good meal and then go to bed. Last night I went to bed at 10pm. I had had a day of meetings and by the end of it I was pooped.

"For me, I want to stay focused. I want to be an actress. I think it dilutes your acting if you go out every night."

When young stars work all day, then party at night and then back up in the morning on the set of a film they resort to drugs, Bynes believes.

"That's where the drugs come in," she said.

It then becomes a slippery slope. I feel like you can't really take too many substances that will affect your brain," Bynes said.

"In the end I think it will make you crazy or a different person. So, who they were then might not be the same person who they are now because it affects your brainwaves.

"For me, I'm very energetic.

"If I have a few cokes I have enough caffeine in me at a club. I don't want any alcohol because 'A' it tastes bad and 'B', if I'm going to have the calories I'll have dessert instead."



It's about time celebrities get recognized for good choices they make rather than who is in rehab or jail next, don't you think? I love Amanda's blunt quotes and down to earth honesty too!
Home
Copyright © 2010 jennifer lawrence All Rights Reserved.