Amanda on Penny Pingleton

Amanda ended up being on E! News yesterday. But Hairspray Movie Blog posted the interview.

This took place during the filming of the movie and Amanda appeared in hair and make-up for the Run and Tell That musical number.






On Penny:


I have had the most fun just playing this part. (Penny) is this very bubbly, perky girl, who’s very innocent.


On ‘The Queen’:

I loved working with Queen Latifah! Everybody loves her. She is so down-to-earth, you would have no idea she’s a humongous, famous movie star.


On John Travolta and Edna:

(John Travolta) has been so fun to work with, singing Saturday Night Fever, or dancing and doing Grease songs with all of us. John said, ‘you guys are the new us.’

The thing about John Travolta as Edna Turnblad, is he still looks like John Travolta. He has these piercing blue eyes and he has this sweetness- same sort of smile, but he just looks like this glamorous woman.


The Penny ‘Do:

It takes - at least an hour everyday. We set my hair in curlers, and then we sort of straighten it, and curl it, and pin it and a lot of hair spray is used in the making of (my) ‘do.


Penny’s ‘Sweet Tooth’:

Amanda claims she had to eat up to 48 Lollipop’s a day during the filming of Hairspray!

When my Mom and Dad came to set, because my Dad’s a dentist, they were so freaked out. My Dad was like, ‘Are you actually eating those!?’ and I was like, ‘Nooo.’ - and I was actually eating every one of them.

Home
Copyright © 2010 jennifer lawrence All Rights Reserved.